Because health care is becoming more consumer-driven, many hospitals are updating the services and features they offer to patients so they can stay competitive. One area where hospitals may be lacking compared to other healthcare entities:
websites It’s important for hospitals to have a prominent online presence. Patients are paying more money out of pocket for many healthcare services, so they’re constantly reviewing the Web for information about facilities before deciding to undergo surgeries or other procedures.
And if patients can’t find what they’re looking for on a hospital’s website, they won’t give the facility their business.
Special facilities included in Our packages
What do hospitals need to include on their website to attract cost-conscious patients?
- Patient perspectives and reviews. Creating sections on your website where patients can rank their experience and share their thoughts with others is very important.
- Medical records. We in include Electronic Health Record (EHR) system into our Pro package which over time will become the norm on all hospital websites. Medical records may also become more interactive, with patients being able to make additions to the record based on their perceptions of their symptoms. They may even be capable of uploading information from wearable devices designed to track their vital signs outside hospital walls.
- Pricing information. Since many patients treat hospital stays like any other major purchase, they’ll want to see how much certain services will cost. Hospitals that want to get their business will have to be honest about the financials, providing patients with pricing information
- Video consults. Whether a patient’s confused about a medication or wants to speak with a clinician about a new symptom, hospital websites may wish to take advantage of our Telehealth tools to follow up with patients. Having clinicians and pharmacists available on demand can help improve patients’ post-discharge recovery – and decrease the chance they’ll be readmitted.
- Promotions and deals. For extremely price-conscious healthcare consumers, forward-thinking hospitals may want to try out “limited time specials” for certain services, exclusive to users of their websites.
While some of these features may seem strange now, in an increasingly competitive healthcare landscape, they may become standard in the not-too-distant future.